Download the After-School Enrollment Form Here
education for children
and youth ages 5-18.
Positive Growth Education Center (PGEC) is excited to offer S.M.A.R.T. After-School Programming for your child. The acronym represents our focus on Science, Math, Art, Reading and Technology. In addition there will be sessions which include fitness and social skills (bullying and conflict resolution).
Homework help and academic readiness is our primary goal. We have a line-up of S.M.A.R.T. tutors who excel in in the core program areas. The student tutor ratio will be 3 to 1 meaning your students will receive the individualized attention necessary to help them where they may be challenged and inspire them to do their best in every case.
We are licensed by the Georgia Department of Human Services, Bright from the Start and accept the childcare voucher program (CAPS).
- Increase literacy rates, math, science and technology competency and overall academic performance of all program participants
- Inspire academic excellence and achievement
- Educate participants to develop social and behavioral skills for success
- Enhance healthy choice awareness among participants
- Create a healthier lifestyle through increased wellness and nutritional awareness
Positive Growth Education Center (S.M.A.R.T) program provide a safe place for students to go after school, as well as opportunities for education and enrichment. The three components of the programs include:
- 1. Academic Enrichment and Tutorial Program: Activities may include tutorials, homework assistance, subject-specific & career & technology activities, test preparatory skills, and college exposure/preparatory skills. Other enrichment activities are based on students interests and changes accordingly. Students study subjects such as: Reading, Math, Writing, Science, Social Studies, Foreign Language and Computers and Career Technology.
- 2. Recreational and Physical Fitness Program: Students participate in physical activities including Games, Sports, Structured Physical Activity, Dance, Drama, Creative Writing, Arts, Music, Health and Wellness, Wii Recreation just to name a few.
- 3. Enrichment and Life Skill Development
- Activities may include leadership development, team building, bullying, conflict management, financial literacy, and job readiness/career orientation skills, or other skill-specific or asset-based projects.
After School Program hours: Days: Monday- Friday Time: 2:30pm – 6:00pm
Holidays/Breaks: Days: Monday – Friday Time: 8:30pm – 6:00pm
Transportation: Transportation provided from school and home drop off